Web Site Terms, Conditions of Use and Data Protection
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Holcombe Inn’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Holcombe Inn’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Holcombe Inn at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Holcombe Inn’s web site are provided “as is”. Holcombe Inn makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Holcombe Inn does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Holcombe Inn or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Holcombe Inn’s Internet site, even if Holcombe Inn or a Holcombe Inn authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Holcombe Inn’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Holcombe Inn does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Holcombe Inn may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Holcombe Inn does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Holcombe Inn has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Holcombe Inn of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Holcombe Inn’s web site shall be governed by the laws of England without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Here at The Holcombe Inn we understand that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner. We have created this privacy notice in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our customers.
What information we collect
When you request a service, we’ll collect some of your personal information, to make sure you have everything you need to make the most of our services. We use this information for administration of your contract and to support the delivery of the services you have asked for
The type of personal information we will collect are:
Why do we need this information?
The information requested during this process is required to complete the sale of the services that form part of your contract with us. We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the service and operating our business, including the following:
● We use the information provided along with the requested service information to supply you with contractual documents.
● We use the information that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to you as a customer.
● We may use the information that we collect to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our customers to improve our service.
● We may use your email address or other information we collect (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, or (ii) to send communications, including updates relating to our services.
How long do we keep this data?
We will retain this personal information about you for as long as you are a customer and a further three years thereafter, or until we are advised that you wish for your personal information to be removed (see your rights,below).
Under Data Protection law you have rights related to how we protect and look after your personal information
You have the right to ask us for your personal information that we hold and process about you. This is known as a subject access request.
You can also ask:
a. that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected;
b. that we delete information about you in certain situations;
c. that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes;
d. that we don’t make decisions about you by completely automated means;
e. that personal information you have given us be provided to you in a common machine readable format, or sent to a third party where this is technically feasible;
The rights set out above may apply in limited circumstances, and we may not always be able to comply with your request to exercise these rights. We will always try to respond to a request to exercise your rights within 1 month. If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We will try to address your concerns. If you have a complaint about the way we have handled your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office who is the relevant authority in the UK, or the Data Protection Commissioner who is the relevant authority in EIRE.
The Holcombe Inn